Losing a child is one of the most difficult things for a parent to cope with, and when your child is making the choice to disengage or not to be a part of your life, it is extremely difficult to prevent the flood of emotions from overwhelming you.
It is common to feel helpless, ashamed, isolated, depressed and even angry. This course is designed to help you take back control of your emotions, get “unstuck”, and propel you forward to a place of understanding, compassion and empowerment. You will gain the knowledge to approach your child with the confidence and grace they currently desire and need from you.
Your child is rejecting you because they are caught in a loyalty bind and faced with the perceived obligation of having to parent your ex. They feel responsible for meeting your ex’s emotional needs. This is a huge responsibility for a child, when what they really need is a confident leader for a parent…not ANOTHER parent to care for.
The mindset shift you will experience in this course is truly transformational, resulting in an attitude that your child desperately seeks and will be drawn to. You will learn how to demonstrate balance and unconditional love, and confidently step back into your role as their parent.
You will receive 12 customized modules in which you will:
- Learn the ins-and-outs of grief and the grieving cycle with tools to move forward through the suffering and anger you are currently experiencing.
- Take a deep dive into your family dynamic so you can better understand your ex’s perspective, your child’s mind, and why your mindset may be hindering you from recovering a close bond with your child.
- Discover the importance of your frame of mind in reconnecting with your child and exercises to ensure a positive and growth mindset.
- Walk through a series of steps that build on each other to gradually and naturally shift your current mindset allowing you to draw your child into your life rather than push him/her away.
- Develop new skills to support your child on his/her journey to healing from the family trauma. If the trauma is trans-generational, so is the healing and that healing starts with you!
- Understand effective strategies for communicating with your child to draw him/her closer to you.
- Lifetime 24/7 access to 12-Module online course “Ready to Reconnect”
- Interactive exercises & quizzes to apply what you learn & tailor to your family
- Downloadable workbooks
- All future course upgrades
- Certificate of completion
MODULE 1: ESTABLISH CURRENT MINDSET & GOALS
Introduction to “Ready to Reconnect”, course goals, and what to expect. You will also establish your current mindset before starting the course, and set your personal goals…what do you want from this course?
MODULE 2: PREPARE TO SHIFT YOUR MINDSET
Learn about fixed versus growth mindsets, the ability to mold the mind, and how to achieve a growth mindset. This module is all about taking responsibility for the way you think and why mindset is key to attaining your once-positive relationship back with your child.
MODULE 3: EMPOWER YOURSELF WITH KNOWLEDGE
Learn the ins-and-outs of the dynamic in a family where family bond obstruction is present, including your child’s perspective, how your ex thinks, the neurological side of trauma, and the importance of repairing the parent-child bond in preventing long-term psychological damage.
MODULE 4: GRIEVE FOR YOUR LIVING CHILD
Come to understand that what you are feeling is grief. Learn the stages of grief, how we process loss, and why it is important to walk through the phases of grief for your child that is still alive. Become more in tune with your feelings and the effects on your physical body.
MODULE 5: ALLOW YOURSELF TO FEEL YOUR EMOTIONS
Learn the different methods people use to suppress their emotions, the importance of allowing yourself to experience your feelings, and strategies for coping with the sadness you feel. Identify your defense mechanisms and learn how to change them.
MODULE 6: DEVELOP A SELF-CARE ROUTINE
Learn the importance of self-love, how to find it if you don’t already have it, and exercises to start you on the road to healing your broken heart.
MODULE 7: GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO BE HAPPY
Learn the importance of being happy when your child reaches out to you and how it impacts the longevity of your relationship, strategies for overcoming guilt, and finding joy in everyday life without your child.
MODULE 8: FIND YOUR PASSIONS AGAIN
Learn why having hobbies and interests are important, and take more action to discover what really revs you up inside.
MODULE 9: FOSTER POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS
Learn how the trauma of being rejected by a child affects relationships with the important people in your life, the importance of human connection, how to communicate about your child, and how to manage painful memories when visiting familiar places.
MODULE 10: ADJUST YOUR PERSPECTIVE
Learn exactly why two people may describe the same events so differently, how our past experiences shape who we are, and how to adjust the way you view the world.
MODULE 11: FORGIVE, HONOR & RESPECT YOUR CHILD’S JOURNEY
Learn the real difference between conditional versus unconditional love, how to demonstrate this to your child, and strategies for communicating with your child to draw them closer to you.
MODULE 12: THE NEW YOU & MOVING FORWARD
This module is all about celebrating the transformation you have experienced! You will complete the Mood Quiz from Module 1, and compare your answers to see how far you have really come. We will then review your next best step in reuniting with your child (if you haven’t already).