Separation and divorce are hard! …but when your ex has a high-conflict personality, it becomes even harder! It is common for the children to get caught in the middle of the dispute, and callously turned into weapons to hurt one parent.
The fact of the matter is, the children who are used as a tool by one parent to “punish” the other are being subjected to trauma…repeatedly. This course takes a really deep dive into this subject so that you can better understand your children’s behaviors, how they are really feeling on the inside, how the trauma they are experiencing affects your relationship with your children, and the importance of repairing the bond that still exists between you.
You will receive 4 customized modules in which you will:
- learn what trauma is and how it changes your body’s natural response to stress
- investigate the neurological side of emotional trauma, and the long-term effects on the brain and your overall physical and mental health
- discover what ACEs are, determine your own ACE score, and learn how trauma passes from generation to generation until someone chooses to heal the family
- develop an understanding of what attachment is, what happens when attachment becomes perverted, and how it relates to what is happening within your family
- gain insight about the long-term consequences of “parental alienation” on your children if left unchecked, and the importance of repairing the bond you have with your children
- learn how to incorporate the knowledge you’ve gained into your daily parenting practices now knowing that your children are suffering from emotional trauma
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION
Introduction to “Trapped in Trauma”, course goals, and what to expect throughout the course.
MODULE 2: THE PHYSICAL SIDE OF EMOTIONAL TRAUMA
Learn how our bodies react to stress, the impact on our brains, and the changes that occur when we experience trauma, particularly when trauma is experienced in childhood. Also discover how trauma transcends generations within a family.
MODULE 3: IMPORTANCE OF REPAIRING THE PARENT-CHILD BOND
Learn about attachment theory and brain development, attachment trauma, emotional incest, trauma bonding, and the importance of repairing the bond you still have with your child (even if they are refusing to have contact with you).
MODULE 4: MOVING FORWARD
This module is all about celebrating what you’ve learned and reviewing your next best step in moving forward to a happier and healthier relationship with your children.